Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Diwali time

I really like to start my blogs with questions! This way I feel I'm stimulating thinking power of all the readers.

I'm sure majority of my Indian patrons would be busy with Diwali preparations. Specially in north India, people are on their toes for shopping and distributing spree. It is such a common phenomenon of each household to prepare their list of people whom they've to visit and distribute Diwali gifts.

Then there are whole lot of people who have to return the favor by giving away the gifts too. But then here starts the business of showing-off. "Should I buy something more expensive than what I've got or should I just buy something in the similar range and reciprocate my feelings." - this is the thought that goes in the minds of number of people.

I would rather go by the notion that you should buy whatever you have to buy for whosoever you want to buy that suits your budget and that goes with the likings of your recipient. Don't ever get into the act of reciprocating for establishing your status or for showing off your money because "Money can buy you everything but not feelings!"

Don't do anything just for the heck of doing it. Do something because you like doing that. Follow something because you really see the logic behind that. Culture and traditions are two words being purely defined by the society, they are created by the humans. The ones who created it want to follow it religiously, others who are being forced to follow envision a change in that. That is how we can build upon a strong culture and value based traditions. Envisioning the change should not be considered as a rebel against the societal norms, rather this should be welcomed by all as an effort to redefine something that is bringing in valuable thoughts for the next generation too.

I hope you all will agree with this and pledge to bring about a system that gives logic to our next generation for all the values that we want to imbibe in them from the core of our heart.

With this highly intellectual thought, I would like to wish all the readers a very happy Diwali and a prosperous New Year ahead!

No comments: