Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check

Friday, November 15, 2013

Parenthood

I'm back on my writing spree. There are lot of things going on in my mind, but I'm really not sure where to start with it today.

Aaaahhhhh... now that I'm connected to you, I think I'll pick up a topic that is very close to my heart. This is something that I've always wanted to do. This is my real life project, I want to code it, I want to test it, I want to execute it, and then finally implement it. I don't want to shun away from upgrading it nor do I want to get back from providing a life-time support.

To many of you, it might appear as if I'm going to beat Bill Gates, the software giant with some new self created product with an exceptionally bug free code. Well let it be!! For me it is nothing less than that.

Probably this is the something which I'm very passionate about. I'm talking about the project of parenting!! I'm very passionate about this. I simply love doing this. I think, my child completes my status of womanhood. Motherhood is a blissful state that reminds you of your childhood. It also makes you a little judgmental about various things, probably because you believe in experiential learning by then. You know what were the shortcomings in your parents' style, you have witnessed what probably could be the shortcomings in your in-laws parenting style for your husband, and also you have seen considerable number of parenting cases; reasons are im-materialistic at this stage. With these inputs, you gear up to prepare a product with the ideal features, characteristics and you set the rules and protocols to follow.

Scientifically, you are at a stronger position because you would not commit the errors that others did. But what if you get the lesson for repeating the same thing which you know is erroneous??? Without a doubt you need to retaliate. Without a second thought you need to refuse to commit the blunder. It is your baby and by nature's law you would never want anything bad to happen to him. You would always want the best for him. It is for this reason that you need to make your stand clear for all the decisions that you take. You also need to tell the reason behind that. This reasoning probably helps in some odd cases to reiterate what you want to convey or what you want to do.

After all, this stage gives you an opportunity to perform like the others have done, to the best of their capabilities. How could you miss this opportunity? Always make sure, you have well defined ideologies for your child's upbringing. The goals should be clear. You should not over-expect from your child. Nor should you over-burden him. Make sure he is not a spoilt brat and don't give in to all his demands. Never compare and never let him compete for the status. He should not be projected as a product for enhanced status quo nor should you let anyone make him a part of baseless expectations.

He is a God's creation, honor his individuality. Don't hamper his growth by imposing your dreams nor try to fulfill your unaccomplished ambitions through him. Let him grow in an open environment. Discuss things with him, so what if he is younger than you - he would always be; respect his thought process. It is only then he can contribute to the welfare of the society, it is only then he can think about the development and up-gradation of the family, it is only then he can be a responsible family member and hence a valuable citizen of the country. On him the onus lies for traditional evolution!

Last but not the least, the most important fact: fatherhood complements motherhood. Never take single ownership for the child's upbringing. It is a fact that all good things happen in collaboration and this is also a fact that however extensive efforts you as a mother are investing, it would be completely impossible without the father's contribution in terms of giving you the authority to take decisions for your child. The father probably makes the unsaid and unnoticed; but probably the most important contributions to the child's overall growth. Fatherhood too is an equally important and extensive project. The child should not underestimate anyone's efforts!!

 

1 comment:

Anshika said...

The most beautiful thing about parenting is dat for every parent its a different experience... U r parent n u jst knw BEST abt ur baby... Each child is unique, NEVER ever compare ur little one wd anyone ... Give him/her freedom n wings to fly n trust me He/she vl fly d best dey could :) Its d responsibilty of parents to upbring their child in such a way dat dey reach their next level!!!